Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.
New Character Help
  • Felistad August 2012
    I want to start another character and was curious if people could give me suggestions on what character type, skill order, and party build makes for fairly easy battles.

I currently have a level 9 mage character with 3 mana skills maxed. I have 3 ranged, white mage and firestarter that I swap battle to battle, and swordsman and knight that I swap as well. I still run into need to use health pots all the time to run more than a battle or two.
  • kariskakaris August 2012
    Where to start. I like running one mage 3 archers 1 fighter. Now not so important since u can run more ground unit.can treat assasin like mage run two fighters. 2 archers and mage or just not use mage. Just remember that u need at least 3 rangeunits per fight and try to spread your mana useres out. Prwtty soon there will be lumitless options when he ads more units.

Pick fighter. For second account.There the best and mages is 2nd. Block and defence skills r huge
  • Felistad August 2012
    How about unit progression? Get 2 archers as they come, but do I drop higher lvl melee for newer units, I.e. swordsman for vexa or dwarfel?
    Well. Depends. I droped my white mage and swordsman. U dont need fighter cause u have so many ground units now whit mage is worthless and its better to have units that have more equip. Slots and better spells and skills than higher unit level. U max out at 50 so... and keep archer. does more damage attacks more often vs swordsman. and doesnt need mana like mage. Plus u will need him to help cycle through untis. I.e. most versatilehowver he is first to go once more units come around.
  • Yarix August 2012
    I mostly agree with karcass except for the white mage. He has fireball which is much better than the ice blast. I disposed of the sword guy and the assassin and mainly run the dwarf.
    So, my setup:
    Start as fighter (you'll have 4 attack based units vs 1 magic guy)
    First buy the archer, then the mage, then the dwarf. That means slightly worse armor vs melee but up to 5 non mana attacks per turn (w00t the dwarf) and extra magic attack if required.
    Yarix. Got rid assasin really?.i love his spells. I just dont like white mages mana. Plus love ice blast. The difference in damage isnt that great and love lower mana cost
  • Yarix August 2012
    I liked the spell alright but he just didn't have the staying power. He usually only lasted 3 or 4 battles while the knight (and now the dwarf) will last 10 battles easily.
  • Xyzzy September 2012
    Yeah. My assassin dies alot. But his blind is great to have. I dropped my white mage and firestarter. Im completely against magic users in this game. Spells just not strong enough. I kept Orag. I like mages in general, but just too weak in this game. Main file is fighter, second is mage. Thought about changing second file to archer.
  • kariskakaris September 2012
    Dont do it xyzzy i had a archer and started over. Sec. Best is mage hands down.
  • Xyzzy September 2012
    Thnx
    Welcome and to add on mages. They r useful once u can get higher player level and u have all the mana boosts, luck, and recovery. I dropped fighter and white mage and substitute white mage with assassin and burn through his mana using blind then use him as a tank to lessen damage to other units. He hardly ever dies. Then i always use 3archers 1fighter and 1mage/assasin. If im out of mana with mages i just run 2 fighters with three archers.
  • Xyzzy September 2012
    @kariskakaris what units do you have. I kept 1 mage-Orangas and dropped the other two for Vexa & Drawfal
    i droped W mage and. Fighter. For mage class u could keep white mage hes not bad once you had the mana skills maxed. U might still have issue with mana if u do that. I kept. Orangus firestarter archer elf archer ranger assasin vexxa dwarfal shield guy.