Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.
Beginner Guide
  • twitch_lol April 2011
    Just asimple guide for the new player so that they don't start out like I did!

Levels 1-3 are the slowest and more difficult levels but if you fallow a few tips they should make the rest of the game easier

1. Pick up every potion you see.
    2. In battle don't tank more damage then needed. Don't use all your moves if not needed. Don't move into range of the malee mobs let them come to you.
    3. If you don't see anything that you can get too with your remaining moves don't move! Save them and wait for the map to reset and see what you can do then.
    4. Once again pick up every potion you see.
    5. Go to town if you are close and you don't see anything to move at then leave to get a new random place.
    6. Don't heal any of your party to just 51 always to atleast 100. At 51 u will get 1 hit just like if you only had 1 hp.
    7. Don't alway use all your turns. if you start getting low on turns don't roam the map blindly. Just sit and wait and hour or two and wait for stuff to reset. Maybe you might get 3 mobs a few stars and 45+ turn being you will gain more and might waste some but if u get low sit still!

Once you get to level 4 you should have caught on by then and things get much easier from there on atleast through level 5. Good luck and have fun!

Edit because of into from other thank you for your input

Updated again add #7
  • Yarix April 2011
    Sound advice, I only disagree with 6. In general: don't max health for any unit, you lose the walk-and-heal benefit. More specific: don't waste potions on ranged units. Instead, use a melee unit to draw fire from enemy ranged units by advancing 1 field towards the enemy. Use a high defense unit or (as I prefer) the knife guy and never heal him either. Yes, he dies first but usually you bought enough time to finish the rest.
    Lvl 6 works different but by then you should have a better insight in the game (and made enough mistakes ;-) ) anyway
  • jacktharibba April 2011
    Portion strategy: heal units to at least 100 hp. A unit with one HP dies just as fast as one with 51 be sure to not waste your portions on these.
  • Shrydo April 2011
    Ranged mobs don't always attack your tanks in front, if your ranged die, you're at a big disadvantage, maybe not keep them at full health but make sure they can take a hit or two. Once I reached lvl 4, atleast 1 of my melee units died no matter how much health they had, from my experience, pots are a waste on melee units cause they will die anyway. If they don't, that's still 7 or 8 pots down the drain for 1 battle, more at higher lvls I'm sure.
  • BrandenF April 2011
    Ya keep range units at least 100. Those green spiders are mother f???ers
  • Yarix April 2011
    Hey, I said things change later on ;-). But really, if you take position of individual units into account you can bait the spiders pretty good.
  • BrandenF April 2011
    Till a mammoth tells you "no"
  • twitch_lol April 2011
    #7 add it. If anyone has any suggestion plz help so I can update
  • Yarix April 2011
    I agree on 7 with one extra note: in order to profit you need to check in each hour. If you know you won't be able to (sleep, work, whatever) it's better to use the turns to avoid reaching your max
  • Shrydo April 2011
    Strategy for lvl 6? Collect pots for lvl 7.
  • Yarix April 2011
    Ha! Well, L7 hasn't been worse to me than L6
  • twitch_lol April 2011
    Yeah almost through lvl 6 and haven't won a battle. Al exp from stars. Lvl 6 collect pots and stars. Buy staminia instead of pots lol
  • Shrydo April 2011
    Lvl 6 got a lot easier with skills
  • twitch_lol July 2011
    re-opening this thread for guide
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    bump for the new poeple
  • Jenny January 2012
    Thanks. This was a lot of help.
  • Yarix January 2012
    That's how we roll :)
  • Tenkai January 2012
    Wow this is old
  • Jenny January 2012
    Old but helpful. :p
    I have a few questions though.
  • ThatGuyWill January 2012
    *looks all excited* Ooh, ooh, tell us... What are the questions?
  • Tenkai January 2012
    Lol should of asked when you posted
  • Jenny January 2012
    I play via Android app. (Not sure if you can play anouther way).
    I was curious about coins. How/where do I use them?
    Also I can't figure out how to use potions.
  • Yarix January 2012
    You can use coins to buy stuff in a town (looks like a castle, you can enter by walking in from any direction). Point of advice: save some for when you can buy extra units (also in the town)
    You use potions to heal your units. Go to the party screen, select a unit that needs healing and select your potion.

Good luck!
  • Jenny January 2012
    Thank you c:
    Another question.. How do I use 'Spell Points'?
  • kariskakaris January 2012
    Jenny the best spells are ice arrow and blind. U need those first. Just go to player. Right below skills are spells you add them just like skill points but you have to unlock them first in your skills. It's the learning skill. You should be able to figure the rest out from there.
  • Jenny January 2012
    Thank you very much c:
  • Tenkai January 2012
    I found I liked heal better at the lower levels when I made another character.
  • kariskakaris January 2012
    Heal is nice as well.
  • Dragon January 2012
    Great help as usual ;D I got heal too on my lvl. Is mass heal worth it?
  • Yarix January 2012
    Only in the dungeons when you're already really hurt & where you could bring 2 melee units. In a normal battle the others spells are stronger
  • Dragon January 2012
    Okei so it can be good to increase it just in case :p
  • Raider March 2012
    This may sound stupid but how do u ft learning points the thanxs