Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.
Dragon collector RGP v1.00 - market release
  • pjuros June 2012
    After major upgrade to game engine new version is released on market (google play) for download. Please read forum for additional info about new version.
  • Tenkai June 2012
    Just checked and cant find it
  • pjuros June 2012
    I guess it takes some time for servers to reload content, it was released 1 hour ago.
  • draggarf June 2012
    Just tried it starting a new character...most impressive on first glance! How long do i have before my old character gets deleted?
  • draggarf June 2012
    I must admit initially i keep looking for the menu button though (lol) but im sure i'll get used to it. ;)
  • Doni_G June 2012
    I tried it a bit, quite interesting new system. Just very strange menu system. Example: I can go to units menu and drink magic potion during battle, but it doesn't change anything, just dissapear (without compensation), no more mana nor during battle neither after. So why at all it is let me to go to that menu and drink it? Is it a bug or I don't get something?
  • Tenkai June 2012
    @pjuros i got 6 units when i started the game and all were level25 but i bought the 3 500 coin units and they are all level 0. Is that buy design?
  • draggarf June 2012
    So i got a shield for my fighter (ranged build) and no slot for it. Is this by design with that choice?
  • Metalfist June 2012
    Very frustrated right now. Yesterday we were told we had 2 days, so I was waiting to sell all my stuff until after I'd played a bit more this evening. Now due to the early update and auto-update, i've just been screwed out of a thousand coins or so. Thanks anyway.
  • Doni_G June 2012
    No one from my six units can have a shield too, and no one can equip an axe. But maybe Knight from unit shop could do both.
  • Doni_G June 2012
    And why is it written next level bonus when I upgrade my hero skill to 3rd level? There is no level 4.
  • rovedragon June 2012
    IIIIIIIII LIKE IT!!!!!!!!! (robocop)
  • Doni_G June 2012
    That's all, it's impossible to win a battle at level 13, my units even upgraded are just incredibly weak, and I can buy only 1st level items from the shop (exept potions). I'll try it a bit more just for fun, but I think I am done with this game, it is not interesting at all now, just many unneeded options, bugs and zero balance. The good game was totally wasted. GAME OVER
  • Tenkai June 2012
    No one can equip an axe... i have all 9. Only the 3rd melee(500 coin) unit can equip shield
  • MegaWoody June 2012
    I wasn't able to play around with a new character learning things, so I'm kinda lost. I'm at lvl 25 and dont know what to do with skill points, does every character have 25 individual points or is it 25 total among my characters? I don't even wanna move as I don't wanna do something I'll regret, especially hearing problems that others are saying, help me out guys, keep talkin.
  • MegaWoody June 2012
    Well I moved and as I said before, I regret it. Went straight to a dungeon as I thought it'd be easier and I got destroyed only able to knock one guy out. ARE YOU SERIOUS, not giving higher levels anything and expecting us to play. All we can do is roam around like idiots looking for chests hoping its something worthy we can arm ourselves with. At this rate I won't be able to actually play for atleast a month and to think I had at least 6 of each top items waiting for this upgrade. Talk about fun, so far this is the stage you get frustrated and stop playing all together. But its the beginning and so I'll wait hoping you can do something, I'll have to be patient
  • lewis June 2012
    Only level 15. Go into battle full health, lots of gear, and get waxed every freaking time. Trying to be patient and adapt, but this is about useless. I loved the old game and was hoping for it to be further expounded on, but I think this is the end for me. Tchuss, auf wiedersen, and goodbye.
  • Doni_G June 2012
    MegaWoody, you have 25 skill points to spend on your hero, you can choose same ones you had or new ones, it is like skill reset (this will be bonus to all units, the same as before). Plus you have to choose individually on every unit you got 25 times what ability to improve, when you push on upgrade button in unit's inventory you must always make a choice between two abilities, for example +1 magic or + 4 mana, +1 range res or +1 magic res.... These abilities are individual to all units and different every level, so you must choose 25 times between given two choices on every unit.
  • Tenkai June 2012
    @pjuros the difficulty is way too hard. I only managed to kill the first enemy in the very easy dungeon.... i got wasted after that
  • MegaWoody June 2012
    Doni, when I push upgrade it only gives me 2 options of max mana or magic resistance and thats for all my players, does it change each time or something. Thanks I got the Skill points down, but really confused on character points
  • Doni_G June 2012
    Yes, it changes each time, you just see level 1 choice, then you choose you'll see other choices for level 2, other for level 3 and so on, some choices starts to repeat after few levels. You are 25th level, so you got all units of level 25 also, so you just need 25 times make a desision on every unit, because they get one such choice every level.
  • MegaWoody June 2012
    gotcha thanx
  • Tenkai June 2012
    All high level players. Stay with the very easy dungeon. I have managed to win twice so far. Getting better items each time
  • Murdo June 2012
    Unfortunately the high level balancing is not existent :-( I hope it'll be changed otherwise I'll have to stop because there is no fun at all.

@Tenkai: I went to very easy dungeon and got killed. It's annoying that the our units got weaker (they make less damage) while in my opinion the counterparts got stronger. Magic attack damage is the same I made with a unit with magic +1 and one with magic +6. So if I see this I fear there won't be enough effect of equipment in other words there is and won't be balance if nothing got changed...
  • Tenkai June 2012
    Yeah it is really hard. At level 25 i died my first few times
  • BrandenF June 2012
    I just killed my first mob in very easy dungeon. My goal... the treasure chest...
  • Murdo June 2012
    It's not just hard, there is no balance. Ok first few levels are always easier but:

- lvl 0 mage (just started new game for testing) does ~85 dmg, lvl 22 mage (and yes the skills are divided to Max for magic attack)... you won't believe it... hits for 60 due to resistance...
    - the weakest opponent in very easy dungeon has 400 hp meanwhile the opponents of lvl 1 player have 200 hp
    - the opponents in the wilderness for lvl 22 are even stronger...

yes that is really hard to play like that. you need 2 full rounds hitting with your distance attacker (no blocks at all) just to kill the very easiest opponent. the only way is leave shooters at home but in a wilderness fight with 4 opponent shooters I doubt that tactic works.

in version 0.94 it was also hard and you could kill the easiest opponents in very easy dungeon with 2 hits... so:
    !!! there is no balance at all!!! little balance we had got lost!

• pjuros June 2012
    Your units have weak equipment, with time you will get better items and things will be much easier. Game requires lot more strategy now. HP of all enemy units above level 15 is decreased by 100.
  • Murdo June 2012
    Talking about strategy why you put the luck component for leveling units? For my Lvl 22 mage I could not once put magic +1.

So there are now some lucky people who need less strategy? Or did I miss something and it has nothing to do with luck?

And yes I know the fact about equipment, but as I know +10 magic would give +40damage minus resistance...

And the talk is still about the balance, in low lvl you don't need any strategy at all. Then the higher (stronger) you get the weaker you get in gameplay... But that is ok if you have a change to play in high lvl, that means for me more then logging in to have 1 or to fights per day.

Anyway I just give it a change hopping it will get better since I also don't have good equipment. But walking looking for very easy dungeon is annoying and not every day successful.

P.S.: I really think it would be good to dismiss the luck factor for leveling units
  • valjean June 2012
    It seems this game should be played from the beginning, murdo. I know you want to keep what you had from the previous version. I, personally was just shy of level 23. But to enjoy the game, I gave up my character and started from scratch. I will probably never be on the leaderboards again. But I am having a lot more fun than I would as a naked, powerless, lvl 22 wandering around getting killed all the time. Start over. Allow the game to evolve with you. And enjoy it for what it is...a game.
  • shadowsong June 2012
    Well put @valjean
    Is just a game, and agree with your sentiment... The game is more fun to play starting over.

That said... still going to say the randomness of unit skills is not fun! ;-)
    I see my options at this point are to leave the game or lobby for needed changes... so I'll lobby for a little while...
  • pjuros June 2012
    Ok, lets compromise .... what do you say if there is choice from 3 attributes to upgrade ? That would give more control to upgrades and still there will not be chance that someone spends all points on one attribute.
  • BrandenF June 2012
    I chest hunted a bit and finnaly was able to complete very easy dungeons, which was huge for those 2 chests in there. Gear is probably the most important thing at this point, I haven't found anything incredible yet. But just the level 4-5 armors is a game changer for survivability. Y'all just being puss' about it :)
  • BrandenF June 2012
    The random attributes are strange though. I might start using the wizard I have, because he rolled a lot of +attacks. And without a weapon he has 12 attack. Yikes
  • shadowsong June 2012
    @pjuros I think that is a reasonable compromise... alternately or in addition I'd be more happy with the existing 2 or 3 choices if you could filter the choices to a more appropriate set for the unit type they correspond to. Not sure if you ever intend to give magic to swordsmen of elf archer, but does seem silly to keep offering max mana increase and magic increase to characters that can't use them.

Thanks for thinking of us!
  • shadowsong June 2012
    @BrandenF - Glad you are starting to hit stride... I still like trying to maintain the unbeaten at the character level... gives another dimension of competition. I will be curious to see if anyone manages to keep units unbeaten...
  • pjuros June 2012
    Offer is same for every unit type, player must choose how to develop unit. IE for wizard, (@BrandenF) I would rather invest 12 points in some resistance than in attack. If there would be unlimited choice everyone would put all points in magic and than complain why wizard dies so much on high levels.
  • Tenkai June 2012
    @pjuros i like the randomness you have made for the characters. I thini everyone is forgetting magic also plays into damage reduction from magic. Maybe you can make a "training center" in town where we can retrain our characters as much as we want for coins. This leaves us all able to have random characters and see if we can get stat placement somewhere else we want.
  • BrandenF June 2012
    Well. Alot of those attack mods were "melee res or attack"
    "Max hp or attack"
    The choice was obviose :)
  • MegaWoody June 2012
    petar if you decide to do that, could you reset for the ppl that have already used all theres
  • Vincendra June 2012
    Could you put at least lvl 8-10 weapon in store for the beginning?

I managed to do easiest dungeon 2 times and got coins and potions from treasure chest.

Also pls disable looting pots ( and mb coins) from chests. there are are enough pots on the map, and give a slight chance to coins symbols to loot silver coins and gold coins .
  • pjuros June 2012
    @Vincendra - some high level items enabled in store
  • BrandenF June 2012
    I've easily drank 2k coins in stamina pots. Insanity!
  • Vincendra June 2012
    Ya thanks. Too bad I had incredible luck looting lvl 17 mana staff and my fire starter started to do serious dmg.

Although the items you added will help people over a new beginning.