Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.
Version 1.0 - INFO
  • pjuros June 2012
    Version 1.0 will be released in 2 days.

CHANGES
    - players get 1 turn every 15 minutes
    - players can choose class (Fighter, Archer, Mage)
    - 18 different skills, each player has 9, depending on class
    - units can level up and have equipment
    - 'Menu' button not used any more
    - 6 new item types (Bow, Arrow, Staff, Book, Scroll, Axe)
    - 2 new attributes (Block and HP recovery)
    - units gain HP and mana each turn, not by time
    - 9 new player units, each with different attack types
    - modified battle screen, you have to choose attack type before attacking

UPGRADE INFO
    - on first login players will choose class, you can't change this later
    - players will keep their level, skill points, experience and coins
    - players will lose all items and units (new DB model and can't be upgraded)
    - players will get new units with level same as player
    - things are tested only to level 10, so I dont have any clue how difficult/easy game will be for high level players, so please post some info on forum
  • shadowsong June 2012
    Holy impending craziness Batman!
    It's a coming!

So... you suggestion then sounds like we should sell everything to be butt naked and no items but in town in two days, eh?

That way we have all gold necessary to buy the new available gear?
  • rovedragon June 2012
    sssssoooooooo. .. what's going to be the best class to be....... I can't even flip a coin cause there are 3 classes .... have to break out my old D-n-D dice .....
  • pjuros June 2012
    Yes, sell all items, you start in new version with empty inventory. Recomendation for high level players after upgrade:

- buy huge amount of pots, you will need them
    - buy some additional units for your party
    - your units will be very weak at the begining, it's very hard to balance out game for old players
  • shadowsong June 2012
    Agree with @rovedragon, might need a few clues where you are going with classes...

Magic sorta sucks at moment so natural choice seems Archer or Fighter... unless they have no magic at all...

Everyone seems to tend towards Archery since we carry 4 ranged to 1 h2h unit...

Mage could be interesting competitor to Archer for current style of play...
  • pjuros June 2012
    Each class will have different skills to upgrade, but all units you can buy/use are the same. Here is skill list (maximum skill level is 3 for now):

[F -> Fighter, A -> Archer, M ->Mage]

Fast movement - Increase player stamina regeneration - TurnsPerDay +12 [FAM]
    Attack expert - Increase attack of all units in party - Attack +1 [F]
    Defence expert - Increase defence of all units in party - Defence +1 [FA]
    Magic expert - Increase magic of all units in party - Magic +1 [FAM]
    Melee evade - Increase melee resistance of all units in party - MeleeRes +3 [FM]
    Range evade - Increase range resistance of all units in party - RangeRes +3 [FA]
    Magic evade - Increase magic resistance of all units in party - MagicRes +3 [AM]
    Charm of luck - Increase luck of all units in party - Luck +2 [M]
    Blockomation - Increase block of all units in party - Block +2 [F]
    Recuperation - Increase HP recovery of all units in party - HPRecovery +1 [AM]
    Mana master - Increase mana recovery of all units in party - ManaRecovery +1 [M]
    Medicine - Increase HP recovery of all units in party - HPRecovery +2 [F]
    HP leaching - Increase HP leaching of all units in party - HPLeach +2 [FA]
    Mana leaching - Increase mana leaching of all units in party - ManaLeach +2 [AM]
    HP extend - Increase max HP of all units in party - HPMax +20 [AM]
    Mana extend - Increase max mana of all units in party - ManaMax +10 [A]
    HP boost - Increase max HP of all units in party - HPMax +40 [F]
    Mana boost - Increase max mana of all units in party - ManaMax +20 [M]
  • rovedragon June 2012
    I catch ...... so even though I choose to be a fighter I can still upgrade other units skills ... .. correct?
  • pjuros June 2012
    Yes. For example, if you are class "Fighter" you have skill "Attack expert", that is good skill for melee and range attacks, but magic attacks will not have any bonus from it.
  • shadowsong June 2012
    Blockomation... heh...

So will mage units now cast spells?
    Will their ranged attack get magic or attack bonus?

Will their ranged attack cost mana?

Will player learn spells or units?

So many questions... ;-)
  • rovedragon June 2012
    I remember you talking to me about pvp..... will this balance out when you decide to add it.... if I am a fighter per say... archers and mages will be able to pick me off from afar ...
  • pjuros June 2012
    That's why fighters have skill "Range evade" and "Blockomation" :-)
  • Thunk June 2012
    My finger is going to fall off trying to sell all my potions.
  • BrandenF June 2012
    Loool. It's gonna take 2 days just to sell my potions :P
  • Tenkai June 2012
    Potions go away also????

Are you going to raise the 10k limit so we can sell extra gear off?
  • Woar June 2012
    He said empty inventory, so sounds like it. Be easy for him to calc pots to coin tho... Save thousands of clicks. Personally I couldn't be arsed clicking that much... 1000s coins lost. so I am doing a big burn run. Healing all to max after every kill and killing anything in sight. Still... No chance of using all my pots that way in 2 days lol, but much more fun than:
    Click Sell...wait... Click confirm... Repeat.
  • Zuul_II June 2012
    I could really do with my recovery key now, I've got stuff to sell before the update happens, Zuul II server 3
  • Woar June 2012
    I can't earn > 10k tho. :(
  • Tenkai June 2012
    Nevermind keeping things at 10k is a good cap for everyone
  • Spirit June 2012
    Guys... I don't think so. The cap is increased. Is it petar? I just saw someone with 10800 gold
  • z__ June 2012
    Wowwow. That's a lot to digest. I am curious too about whether units will cast spells. I generally go mage when given the choice. But considering how underpowered magic is right now....I have trepedations with choosing that class.
  • So does every class still have magic, but just different recovery rates?
  • Tenkai June 2012
    You can sell your stuff and have more then the cap but as soon as you fight you lose it
  • pjuros June 2012
    Important note: you can try out all classes before upgrading your current player, just remember your recovery key.

Whole model is changed. In 0.94 game had HOMM model, players were leading units with fixed stats and player casted magic. In 1.0 game model all units will have couple of different attack types, different equipment, can gain experience and level up, upgrade their stats. Player is only having skills (depending on class) that boost some unit attributes. All players will have same units to choose from, but your class will give better boosts to certain unit type. Players can choose class "Mage" and have all ranged units in party, but it's more powerfull to have magic based units in party if you are class "Mage". Tactical options are now much more advanced, especially when PvP comes into play.
  • rovedragon June 2012
    looking at what's being offered for skills ..... I am leaning towards the fighter..... it sounds good when you put it altogether .....
  • z__ June 2012
    I have to agree rove.can't wait for the update to hit. But without knowing more, it would seem that magic is still disfavored.
  • rovedragon June 2012
    Z....... I am catching up to you...... 1200 exp....lol....
  • Tenkai June 2012
    @pjuros if you use the recovery code to change our class will we be penalized in any way? Will it reset our skill points so we can try out different skills?

Also what is the new level cap?
  • pjuros June 2012
    Be carefull, once you pick class you can't change it. So, first create new player and try out different classes, than recover your old player and on first login you will be asked to choose class and start upgrade your player.
  • rovedragon June 2012
    PVP has got me worried a little bit...... if its more tactical then a fighter swinging an axe against a mage that has the power to summon lighting from the sky and fire from the depths of hell plus conjure a sea serpent to crash down apond me..... seems like I be the only fighter in the game...... I know it sounds a bit much but you get where I am coming from........ ("sweats it out")
  • shadowsong June 2012
    @pjuros - do you have exact time for changeover? Assume tomorrow night some time...

Need to farm gold... a little worried us middle players may get more screwed since all gold was spent on units and levelling without enough gold to buy up needed upgrades to evade getting butt kicked.

Only have a little over 1k... need probably 3k just to buy back existing units and the best gear in the shop now...
  • pjuros June 2012
    You have 24 hours before release of 1.0 version. With 2k gold you should be fine, best units cost 500 gold and you will get some initial units to start with, so you will have enough gold for pots. You don't need to upgrade if you are not ready, servers for 0.94 version will be active at least for another week.
  • Tenkai June 2012
    What happens with the characters we paid for? Do we get compensated for them? Also what is the new level cap?
  • pjuros June 2012
    All old units are gone, free of charge :-) High level players will get full new party with units boosted up to same level as player. New player level cap is still 25, but units can go up to 50.
  • Tenkai June 2012
    Ahhhhh i see. Nice to know
  • Tenkai June 2012
    Good to know i dont have to grind right now. Just have to worry about selling all my stuff...lol
  • CaptainIsh June 2012
    Just went to the toilet and took a shit, and utilised the downtime by selling the inventory (apart from 400 odd pots). Made a nice little 3k
  • CaptainIsh June 2012
    B-)

Gonna have to keep a few hours spare to sell the pots now. Ouch.
  • CaptainIsh June 2012
    Medium heal pots only sell for 3g? Bugger, thought they'd sell for 5...
  • BrandenF June 2012
    Im gonna go out on a limb and go fighter. Never was much for knocking arrows or waving wands anyways