Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.
ads on start screen as donor
  • BlackShift September 2011
    The start screen still shows ads even though i'm a donor. That is, the screen with the parchment and the 'play'and 'forum' buttons etc.

I assume this is because at this stage the game doesn't know i'm a donor, but if out can fetch ads, then it could figure that out as well. Removing the ads was the mayor reason for me to donate, so it would be awesome if they could be removed in the next version.

However, work on the dungeons would please me even more :-).
  • twitch_lol September 2011
    At the main screen u are still no body. U don't become a donor until u are on ur account. To get rid of it on one would mean all. I'm sure u can live with seeing an ad for 5 sec while logging in....

Damn people are so picky
  • pjuros September 2011
    Yes, before login to game server there is no way to know supporter (donor) status.
    For some reason my phone has often trouble connecting. So I read the ads quite often.

You are right though. People can feel some entitlement and can get picky if they pay for something. Apparently i'm not above that.. :-)

It shouldn't be a priority to fix. It would be bad if petar would spend time fixing things specifically for donors. I just thought it should be noted.

Btw, wouldn't the donations have eclipsed the as revenue by now? So removing them from the home screen might be viable.
  • pjuros September 2011
    I could make some workaround for removing ads for supporters prior to login. wait for update.
    Thnx. I'm always awaiting updates eagerly :-). Don't hurry.
  • Yarix September 2011
    But as BS said, don't make it a prio. It's not bothering me and, in fact, I'm not against free money for our developer
  • BlackShift October 2011
    Tnx! The start screen even seems faster :-)