Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.
What gear did u get?
  • twitch_lol September 2011
    There is new that there could possibly be new gear coming out today. As you get it post it here so we can get a list going of what might be out there.
  • Tenkai September 2011
    I got a level 8 ribboned gloves. 16 health a day and I think it was 8 health I can leech with a sword. It had a sword and a heart.
    hmmm nice... i hope there is a Lucky glove i want more crit
  • Tenkai September 2011
    Yup hp leeching is in effect now. Every attack by one of my characters nets me between 4 and 21 hp
  • Tenkai September 2011
    It worked for my ranged units also
    nice and does it heal all units or just the one that did the attacking?
  • Tenkai September 2011
    The one that did the attacking
    thought so... wonder what the max lvls of the new gear are and how much the best gloves can add.... hmmm
  • Silenz September 2011
    Just found level 6 velvet gloves.
    5 leech and 16 health a day.
  • Yarix September 2011
    I want one!!!
  • BrandenF September 2011
    Leech gloves.... ofr....
  • ZeroZone September 2011
    O.o gloves should nice I want some.... And a luck ring.... And a ranged star.... I'm so gimped
    i want new armor because lvl 10 just isnt cutting it at lvl 17 and same with sheild i only using a lvl 11 boots lvl 12 helm lvl 10.

I have a feeling once all gear is brought up to speed with the players thing will get better again...

lvl 17 armor if it goes in the same pattern it would give something like 140 health per day or maybe even more or extra stats like def or res.

and this would also add more stats to all other items as well. As long as thing progress linear pattern
  • Yarix September 2011
    Leather Gloves: leech 1
    It seems that this leaches 1 x mod(Dmg,100): if I hit with 0-99 it gives 0, 100-199 gives 1, ... (and yes, 3xx gives 3)
    thats not very much i think you might have the math wrong because Tenkia said it was between 4-21 or something like that
  • Yarix September 2011
    Yeah, but that's a lvl 8 glove. Mine is lvl 1
  • Tenkai September 2011
    This is what I have from battle
    Hp leeched vs damage done
    10-145
    8-118
    7-110
    9-134
    14-207
    3-47
    9-138
    1-20
    It also seems like not every hit gave me hp unless I could not see the animation
  • Tenkai September 2011
    And the level 8 ribboned gloves give 7 hp leech
  • Woar September 2011
    Oh... I want.
    Pah!, I'll prob be lvl 19 before I find one. :p
  • Yarix September 2011
    @Tenkai: Even without the animation leeching works (unless blocked). And your example works out with a mod(dmg,14)
  • Woar September 2011
    After reading this I went on a killing spree... Used up all but 1 of my health pots... (5 small and 6 large) and found a level 7 ribboned gloves. Nice. Definitely worth the pots. Prob earned a large pot worth of health in my first fight(lost health overall but not much). Makes fighting the spooky tree a profitable experiance. (spooky tree wasn't in my first fight with gloves tho unfortunatly).
  • Tenkai September 2011
    Lol yeah I love them. Used all your pots??? I feel bad I have 200 small 100 med and 1 large
  • Tenkai September 2011
    I feel like a hoarder.... back up to 1800 gold after buying all 3 of the units also...
  • Woar September 2011
    Wow, rich kid.
    But as long as you spend it at the right times it is a great strategy. Eg. Having the money ready to go when the new units came out. Big advantage.
    Having lots of money ready to go may or may not be a big advantage when dungeons come out as well.
    It is a strategy id love to employ, but I barely get the chance 2 before I decide to spend it.
    Eg. Was saving and had 500 coin when the new units came out.
    Was saving some pots (had only just started) when there was some gloves to earn... Maybe my "worth it to spend" threshold is lower than yours?
    :)
  • Tenkai September 2011
    Lol well I just went on a spending spree. In the last hour I gained 1000 exp . Still at 200 small 100 med and now 1800 coins.
  • Pibi September 2011
    Not being able to find any gloves is killing me!
  • Pibi September 2011
    Actually, 4-21 health per hit sounds like a game-breaker. Avg of ~12 health per hit. How many hits per battle? 15-20? That's 180-240 health per battle. Sure, less if you're at full health, but you'd hardly need health pots anymore.
  • Pibi September 2011
    When on a serious rampage and finally found some gloves for myself. They're quite awesome if not as nice as some of the ones listed here. Definitely seems like I'm using fewer health pots with them, though I'd have to get the higher level ones to see how much they'd really affect game balance.
  • Woar September 2011
    Guess the thing is, it tops up your range health. But it rarely tops up your tank, sometimes a tiny bit on the very last round but not enough to balance damage taken since they take the majority on most battles anyway.
    I guess it means managing who gets hit becomes more important when possible.
  • jacktharibba September 2011
    I think leech is just % of damage-rounded down..
  • Tentacle September 2011
    I need some gloves! Unfortunatly I screwed up my last battle and now I'm in a hole: no moves, no health, no wizard to see, no map refresh...
  • Yarix September 2011
    @Jack: yes, this is what "mod" does
    (Leech/100) * damage dealt = leeched amount rounded down
  • Eightz September 2011
    Chainmail Gloves (3) 3 Leech
  • Thunk September 2011
    I got the same gloves as Tenkai. I don't think I'd call it a game breaker. It's nice because it's caused one of my guys to live when he would have died but I haven't been seeing the numbers that Tenkai has. A lot of times my guys who deal the most damage (so have the most potential to gain) are already fully healthy and gain nothing. Then I have one of my low guys get the killing blow on someone who has only like 10 life anyway so I get one HP back.

Really depends on the order my guys start in. If the ones with the lowest life are first then it's better but if they are last then they don't get much life back.

All that said, I really dig the gloves. They are a big help but they don't replace pots. I agree completely with Woar.
  • Xyzzy September 2011
    Mmmmmm gloves....only in my dreams. At least there is a picture of a glove in the empty slot. Lol. :-D
  • Tenkai September 2011
    @Thunk what level are you? I'm level 15 so my damage output is pretty high. Yarix was right when he said its damage/14 for me. The gloves are not a game breaker because I am still using pots just not nearly as many before. In the long run for the day I can probaly battle 5+ more times
  • Yarix September 2011
    Besides, you may have noticed enemy units also have a leech stat (still zero but these things tend to change here...)
  • pjuros September 2011
    From today all snakes have leaching.
  • Tenkai September 2011
    Lol darn!!!!
  • Woar September 2011
    Great timing petar. :)
  • Thunk September 2011
    @Tenkai I'm level 13. I just finished a fight in which cape man gained 13 but got nailed for 100 so it didn't help me much. poor capeman died. I use 4 ranged units so when my melee guy dies and they get through to a ranged dude, I general can build him back up enough so that the next battle in which my melee guy does die the ranged guys can survive. All in all I really like leaching.

"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?" -Indiana Jones
  • Tenkai September 2011
    LOVE the indian jones quote!
  • thorg September 2011
    Went 8 battles without a drop, last 2 got a range star lv5 and lv4 chainmail gloves (3 leech/ 16 heal)
    I'm lv6. I guess drop rate eventually evens out .
    Thanks Petar.
    Lucky man... Lol I still ain't got a ranged star or gloves... I'd like a luck ring as well
  • thorg September 2011
    Had two +2 luck rings, sold them when I got 4 range res.
    Not sure I made right choice, like to find luck ring again.
  • BlackShift September 2011
    Got chainmail gloves! Lvl 3, 3 leech. the chainmail must look awesome on my 507 dwarf!
  • thorg September 2011
    Also got lv6 cloth gloves, 6 leaching.
    My battle gloves.
  • Koiteth September 2011
    Lev 4 Padded Gloves, 4att,4hp. Someone please explain leeching, not really
    getting it from discussion. Especially want to know if gloves are good for taking partially healed units to battle.
  • Yarix September 2011
    Leeching means gaining health based on the amount of damage done. The higher your leach value, the more health a unit gains when doing damage
    (Leech value/100) * damage delt = leeched amount