Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    Beginners Guide version .73

Introduction:

Welcome to the wonderful world of dragon collectors. If you are already playing the game you may be asking yourself, where are the dragons? Funny you should ask. They are not here yet but are on their way and are in development. Our wonderful developer Petar Juros, who is 32 married and from Croatia. He works for a ISP company and is a huge RPG fan. He started doing Dragon collector RPG as part time project and because of great community of players he has been pushed to develop it further. Petar take the advice and input of his community and has shaped the game into what it has become today and there is much more to come including DRAGONS.
    Dragon collector RGP is turn based massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG).

Objective:

Move around the map collecting stars, potions, chest, coins, and battling wizards. Collect stars to gain experience. Battle wizards to earn items, potions, and experience to help you level up. You can only level up by killing a wizard. Collect potions that can be used to heal your party members. You can do this under the party screen. Collect coins to save for upgrades or potions. Collect chest to get items so that you can boost your stats.

Getting Started:

Each phone can have access to one account. You can create this account when you first install the game by either hitting play or going into setting and creating you account name there. Once you create the account you will be able to enter the game and play. If you are an existing user can are trying to recover your previous account you would need to have your recover code. This is available to you when you have access to your account under the setting menu. NOTE: this code is case-sensitive.

Client Layout:

Once you start the game you have Start, Setting, About, Forums.

Start: Will allow you to access the game once you have an account created. Once in the game you will use your phones menu button to access all other options.

Player:

Player status: It represents player in-game status and information. Here is full list of status items and their description:

Playername (4) - this is your player name and level. Level will determine maximum level of items you get and buy. Increase your experience to get higher level.
    Gold Star: Player current experience and experience needed for next level. Note: You can only level by killing a wizard.
    Brown Boots: Player current turns and maximum number of turns you can get. You receive one to the max number of turns per level.
    Bread: Player food status. Every movement on map will cost 1 food. With every turn your units will heal 1 HP for cost of 1 food. This will increase by 15 for every level you gain.
    Coins: This is number of coins you have. Sell items from inventory to get coins. Find town with shop to buy items, potions and units for your party.

Player attributes: Here is full list of player attributes and their description:

Attack : Attack bonus which is added to unit attack in battle. If attacking unit has higher attack than defending unit has defense, every point of difference will increase damage by 5%
    Defense : Defense bonus which is added to unit defense in battle. If defending unit has higher defense than attacking unit has attack, every point of difference will decrease damage by 3%
    Stamina: Number of turns you get per day. Increase stamina with skills and items.
    Luck: Luck bonus which is added to unit luck in battle. It is chance (percentage) to do critical strike (+50% damage) and also if you combine you luck and your defense and divide it by 4 you get your block chance. (block chance= (defense +Luck)/4)
    Healing: Healing rate in HP per day of player units. Increase this with skills and items.
    Melee res: Resistance to melee attacks which is added to units in battle. It is percentage of damage decrease.
    Range res.: Resistance to ranged attacks which is added to units in battle. It is percentage of damage decrease.

Skills: You cant select the skills button to add additional stats by learning skills. You get 1 skill point per levels and cannot be reset. To learn a skill select Upgrade to the right of the skill you wish to learn. The max level of all skills is 3.

Attack expert: Will increase your base attack of your units by 1 per point you upgrade with.
    Defence expert: Will increase your base defence of you units by 1 per point you upgrade with.
    Ranged evade: Will increase you base ranged resistance by 5% for every point you upgrade with.
    Melee evade: Will increase you base melee resistance by 5% for every point you upgrade with.
    Medicine: Will increase your base health regeneration per day by 32 point per point used to upgrade.
    Fast movement: Will increase your base stamina regeneration per day by 8 per point used to upgrade.
    Frog leg: Will increase your base luck by 3 point per point used to upgrade.

Party:

This is where you can manage your units. You can decide which units you want to be active and which units you would like to heal using potions.

Active Units:

You can see you units that you have access to or own. You can chose whether you want to activate a unit or not. You must have a minimum of 3 units active after you have at least 3 units in your party, and no more then 5.

Healing: To heal your unit with potion select the potion in which you would like to use then chose the heal box next to the unit in which you wish to heal. The units current health is shown under their stats with their HP.

Silver Coin/Gold coin/Silver bar: Only thing you can do with the is sell it. If you use them it auto sells them for you.
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    Unit Progression:

When you start playing you start at level one and progress through levels y gaining experience. When battling you will face melee and ranged mobs. Melee has to be next to you to attack you where ranged can be on the other side of the battle ground to attack you. At level one you start out with The Knife Master who is a melee unit. When you go into a battle at level one you will face just one enemy. At level two you will gain a new party member the Capeman who is a melee unit, but you will still only face one enemy but it could possibly be a harder enemy. At level three you will gain your first ranged party member the Elf Archer. The enemy now gains a unit as well increasing them to two units.
    At level four you gain another ranged party member the White Mage. The enemy also gains another unit increasing them to three units. At level five you gain your fifth party member the Swordsman who is a melee unit. The enemy also gains another unit increasing them to four. At level six you do not gain anymore units but the enemy does gain it final member increasing them to 5. From this point on all fights will be 5v5. You can also purchase additional units at levels 7, 9, and 11.

Units and their stats:

Knife master: Get at level 1 and is a melee unit.
    HP: 400 Turns: 3
    Atk: 9 Def: 10 Luck: 5
    Damage: 70-130
    Melee res: 0 Ranged res: 0

Capeman: Get at level 2 and is a melee unit.
    HP: 350 Turns: 2
    Atk: 12 Def: 12 Luck: 5
    Damage: 140-200

Elf Archer: Get at level 3 and is a ranged unit.
    HP: 300 Turns: 1
    Atk: 10 Def: 10 Luck: 5
    Damage: 60-80

White Mage: Get at level 4 and is a ranged unit.
    Atk: 12 Def: 10 Luck: 5
    Damage: 100-120

Swordsman: Get at level 5 and is a melee unit.
    HP: 700 Turns: 2
    Atk: 11 Def: 12 Luck: 5
    Damage: 120-160

Elf Master: Can purchase at level 7 and is a ranged unit.
    Atk: 12 Def: 9 Luck: 5
    Damage 70-90

Mighty Soldier: Can purchase at level 9 and is a melee unit.
    HP: 600 Turns: 2
    Atk: 9 Def: 14 Luck: 5
    Damage: 100-220

Grey Mage: Can purchase at level 11 and is a ranged unit.
    HP: 250 Turns: 1
    Atk: 13 Def: 10 Luck: 5
    Damage: 110-140

Map:

The map screen is the main screen in which you will use to play the game itself. On the map screen you will see that map of the terrain, you movement arrows, you current experience/experience need to level, moves remaining, food left/max food, and you total coin. Use the arrows to move around the map to collect items and battle wizards. There are tree on the map that will hinder the path in which you can take to some items. The map is currently 200x200. This mean that in you are playing in a map that is 200 spaces tall by 200 spaces wide. The boundaries of the map is marked by mountains. You collect stuff by moving on to the location where the item is and it will automatically go in to you invatory.

Scoreboard:

There are currently 3 leader board built into the game client itself and there are 3 more on the web site as well. The win ration on the client board starts out with anyone with 26 or more kills. The web version starts at 51. You can also view the experience leader board and the coin leader board on the client version and on the web version you can view the experience and move used leader board. When using the web version you can click on the name of the player and view more stats of that person. To view web version go to http://www.dragon-rpg.com/index.php/scoreboard.

Inventory:

In the inventory screen you can view the equipment that you are wearing or what you have collected. If you collect multiples of an item they will stack on top of each other. With items you can either chose to use them or sell them. You will never be able to obtain and item that is a higher level then you so everything that you have you will be able to use or sell. Note: Using coins or bars will only sell them.

Items:

Gear:

Weapons: Weapons can have up to 3 stats per items.
    Your basic weapon will only add attack. Your next level weapon can add attack and possibly luck. The best weapons in the game can add up to 3 stats per items. They will add attack luck and, either extra melee or ranged attack points.

Shields: You only have shield with 1 stat or ones with 2. You basic shield will add just defense whereas your better shield will add defense and either melee resistance or ranged resistance.

Body Armor: All body armor will add is health regeneration per day.

Helms: Helms will have up to 2 stats on them. Base helm will just add luck whereas advance helms will also add health regeneration per day.

Boots: Boot can add up to 2 stats. Base boots just add stamina regeneration whereas advance boots can add either luck or health regeneration per day.

Amulets: They can only add one stat at a time which is either be health regeneration per day or either extra ranged or melee damage.

Rings: They can only add one stat at a time which is either luck or either melee resistance or ranged resistance.

Other Items:

Small/Medium/Large Health Potion: These can be used under the party screen to heal your units or they can also be sold for coin.

Small/Medium/Large Stamina Potion: These can be used to recover stamina or can also be sold for coin.

meat,steaks: Add to you max food or can be sold for gold.
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    had to paste it in 2 section because it was to big lol. Its prob gonna need some good profreading
  • DryIce August 2011
    Very well done!!
  • Fireseeker August 2011
    Good job except you forgot to mention meat,steaks and the such. We all know you sell them. :P
  • Bangins August 2011
    Awesomeness :-)) wish I had this when I started
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    oh dang i did for get about the meat
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    yeah i knew i was forgetting something. i will adjust it when i get to work tomorrow. file save on work pc
  • thorg August 2011
    Fantastic job Twitch, however, I got bored and couldn't read through it.
  • pjuros August 2011
    Great work. This will go on web in next update.
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    @Thorg yeah it is long winded, but it is for the new people.
    @ Petar im gonna tweak it a little today
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    bump for the new poeple
  • Herb August 2011
    What are the percentages of ranged res and melee res. How much is one point worth.
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    What ever you res is is the % you have. If you have a res ring for 15 you have 15% if you have 3 points in res skill you have 15% res.... i think
  • Herb August 2011
    Thanks that helps a ton
  • Yarix August 2011
    Well done, twitch! Well done!
  • Koiteth August 2011
    Ditto! Awesome to have a job where you can work on own interests!
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    yeah i really enjoy it. Network tech support on a good network that doesnt go down often means lots of spare time
  • Tiago August 2011
    Great job :D
  • twitch_lol August 2011
    Guessing either the forums are a good help or maybe a few of the guide that we have composed have been a great help.

Proof is Herb, one of the few active member on the forums and by far the fasting moving person on server 2. CONGRATS
  • Herb August 2011
    Thanks for the complement twitch. i cannot disprove your logic behind the last post so i also thank you for your guides, they helped answer questions i had before i asked them (sometimes). But i would like to say that the forums have helped me out the most (i know this includes the guides). i mean being able to ask questions and get answers the same day really helped me out the most in the beginning.
    and i would like to say congrats to Proteous on getting his Elf Master (or spending all his money somehow).
  • Yarix September 2011
    bump. And can someone update the new layout & server settings?
  • twitch_lol September 2011
    Will update soon for new changes