Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Sign In Apply for Membership

Poll

No poll attached to this discussion.
Inactive players...
  • I don't know how much of a headache it would be to do this, but is there a way to consolidate active players to one or two servers, and inactive players on a different server?
    Say, if someone hasn't logged in for a few days, maybe even as long as a week, they get bumped to a different server? That way they keep their character, but they don't become just another tree to walk around?
    I do not regret resetting to be on the same server as my friends, but I think it would be cool to have all the regulars on one server. (Or two, if there actually are enough of us.)
    I know I try to check in at least once an hour (sometimes, I miss an hour or two, and hate myself for missing out on all those goodies!) but there are at LEAST 50-100 players on server 1 who have not played in a week or more. (I think your server stats are off by a lot on the website at least for s1)
    I like challenging myself to climb the ranks, and in the top ranks, it honestly is a challenge, since the top players are definitely active. For instance, I play on my nook color as well, and I only get to use that guy every couple of days usually, but I'm still in the top 100 with that character.
    Consolidating will make pvp MUCH more exciting... I'm gonna get tired of pk'ing the same inactive players day after day, month after month...if there's no challenge, then its just another wizard with 2 ranged and a mammoth lol.
    Anyway, just an idea...I don't even know if its at all possible...
  • Yarix May 2011
    AFAIK: inactive players are transported to the city and shouldn't clutter the map. I'm not sure but they might not even count towards the server-limits...
  • pjuros May 2011
    After 3 days of inactivity players are moved to town, so they don't take space on map. Every map (server) can take about 500 active players and when that number is filled server is changed and players go to new map.

Currently players are put on server 01, but it will be full in couple of days and than server 03 will be active again, cause it has around 270 active players. You can see number of active players on "Server stats" in web scoreboard: http://www.dragon-rpg.com/index.php/scoreboard

P.S. moving players from server to server is possible, but little tricky cause it involves coping player data from one database to another and there is 15 tables in each database.
  • BrandenF May 2011
    Punch nuns!
  • Thank you, these postings answered my questions about the different servers.